• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The most underrated players.

ebouenolike

Established Member
And as of yet no player, past or present, has lived up to the moniker 'As good as Bale.' The poor kid must be furious to be so continually overlooked.

On a serious note, Shola Ameobi is nowhere near as bad as people make out. A decent player and a loyal bloke.

Floating

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
When the best player in the world isn't widely recognised to be the best player in the world then he is underrated.

Hopefully, somewhere down the line, Bale will get the attention he deserves.

:shock:

:lol:

Wouterus

Cudareli said:
mistaT said:
Clarence Seedorf

What makes you say that Seedorf is underated?
Although he is the most successful Dutch football player in history, in Holland Seedorf never really gets the credits that he deserves. His last tournament with the Netherlands was euro 2004. Unbelievable.
I don't really know the reason for it, Marco van Basten couldn't handle such a big personality and Bert van Marwijk never gave him a chance in the national team.

mistaT

Established Member
Cudareli said:
mistaT said:
Clarence Seedorf

What makes you say that Seedorf is underated?

I find myself annoyed when quality players don't get rated because of a lack of flair, personality, goals, etc. Now in Seedorf's case he has obviously got his plaudits along his 20 year career - but I still feel he's under rated not only currently (still doing it) but in respect to who the greats from the past decades have been.

When was the last time someone mentioned Seedorf as one of the best midfielders of the last decade? Few do, and while there are midfielders ahead of him his results speak for themselves as he's won the CL 4 times as a pivotal part of every team (bar maybe Madrid?).

Many would be led to believe Giggs/Scholes > Seedorf which I find far from the truth...and for that reason I believe he's under rated.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Think Seedorf is a pretty big stretch. I see him in plenty of all-time lists etc.; he was in Pele's goofy list too. He's 7th in this list:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...en-Gerrard-best-Champions-League-players.html

Maybe some would want him higher, but to be honest it's just splitting hairs between greats and for that reason I don't think Seedorf is 'underrated', at least certainly not in the way we are discussing in this thread. It's like saying Henry was underrated because he didn't win POTYs, when, really, he was snubbed more than anything.

ArsenalDNA

Valencia is pretty underrated.

He's up there with the most effective wingers in the league but gets fck all recognition. Can fill in at right back too.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Think Park is average as hell tbh.

Hilarious to hear the United fans creaming about Johnny bloody Evans after he's had a good spell of form.......:lol:.....really is ridiculous. The lad is just a decent player, nothing more. They are comparing him to Pique in one of the threads over on Redcafe. Was watching him against Fulham and Rio was bailing his arse out of multiple situations - I expect a return to his mediocre self soon enough, although I've seen him raped on numerous occasions this season, Bilbao was only a few weeks ago for example.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Park has been a key player for United, make no mistakes about it

fabo

6.51 / 10
Don't think so, basically nothing more than a squad player for United. I see nothing exceptional in his repertoire at all bar a good engine.

mo50

Established Member
He's also had an awful season so far. I've never rated Park one bit, but he was pretty effective for Fergie over the years. At least he won't be scoring any more jammy goals against us this season.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
He has certainly helped them establishing their brand in Asia, though.
A bit like our Park.

Bar the goals.
And the games.
And the brand-establishing stuff.

ArsenalDNA

fabo said:
Think Park is average as hell tbh.

Hilarious to hear the United fans creaming about Johnny bloody Evans after he's had a good spell of form.......:lol:.....really is ridiculous. The lad is just a decent player, nothing more. They are comparing him to Pique in one of the threads over on Redcafe. Was watching him against Fulham and Rio was bailing his arse out of multiple situations - I expect a return to his mediocre self soon enough, although I've seen him raped on numerous occasions this season, Bilbao was only a few weeks ago for example.

:lol:

That thread is laughable. Forget comparing him to Pique, half of them think Evans is better than him. One of them even went as far as saying Smalling is at least as good as Pique.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom