• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
About time the club shows some balls to those stingy Italians. No way we should sell Xhaka at 13 mill.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It won't be 13m, it'll be a bit higher.

I mean we are objectively bad at selling (and buying, just bad at everything tbh) but I also think we're a bit blinkered, other clubs have made good sales but so have we, Ox and Iwobi were fantastic sales. Martinez was a good sale considering his value was about 2m only a few months previously, Willock could be a great sale after his loan. Also other clubs don't get it right all the time. Chelsea spent 60m on Drinkwater and Bakayoko, let's see how much they recoup of that.

We do need to do better but we slightly overplay how bad we are sometimes.
Chelsea got 100+m for a 28 year old who had one year left on his contract who openly said the only club I want to go to is Real Madrid.

Plus they have a man bank rolling their club. They can afford **** ups. We can't.

They have young players like Tomori who is going for around 25m and Abraham with whom they will get 30m+.

Last edited:

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Liverpool stuck with Mingolet. They got 10m for him.

Players like Sahko were not overly desirable or in demand. 20m.

Danny Ings hardly played for them. Think they got 20m.

They got 20+m for Brewster.

Liverpool find one club who wants there players and they seem to say its this price take it or leave it.

I think they even got 15m for a 30 year old Lovren.

I don't remember hearing them being low balled so much. Well apart from the time we offered that ridiculous fee for Suarez.

United made a statement with Sancho last season as dortmund and the world thought they would give in. They didn't. This season they will probably get Sancho for 40m less than Dortmund were asking. That's a good result if you ask me.
Where were Liverpool when they sold those players? At or near the top, right? We are 8th.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Chelsea got 100+m for a 28 year old who had one year left on his contract who openly said the only club I want to go to is Real Madrid.

Plus they have a man bank rolling their club. They can afford **** ups. We can't.

They have young players like Tomori who is going for around 25m and Abraham with whom they will get 30m+.
That 28 year old was their best player for a couple of seasons and won them the league and Europa league. Compare that to our 28 year old who helped carry us from 4th to 8th. That's why his price will be low. We're also desperate to let him go and they know that. We'll get 15 mil and move on.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
That 28 year old was their best player for a couple of seasons and won them the league and Europa league. Compare that to our 28 year old who helped carry us from 4th to 8th. That's why his price will be low. We're also desperate to let him go and they know that. We'll get 15 mil and move on.
You still don't need to pay £100m.

70m would have done it. What were Chelsea going to do say no and keep an unhappy player?

If you were to buy a bog standard midfielder from Burnley like Ashley Westwood it would cost you 10m. 13m is nothing.

Iceman10

Established Member
A year ago I would have happily taken 15m GBP, so it is not far off, but add-ons should be on top of that. Can't blame our club for holding firm. Just a process, hopefully....

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Take 15 plus addons based on the number of games he'll play and if Mou wins a cup. Chances are he wont get injured and every one else around him will. I'd put a sell on clause too because Mou will realize he's rubbish and get rid of him.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
For the people saying we should ask more than £15 million, your head needs a wobble. This guys SUCKS. He’s getting bosses by the Italian team and you think Roma would buy him for anything more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom