• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Aaron Ramsdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I know exactly what he’s saying, you’re not understanding what I’m saying.

At 23, Ederson had a number of games for Benfica and even had a 45 euro release clause such was his standing at such a young age. He also got to the quarter finals of the CL at that same age.

Conversely, Ramsdale has got relegated wherever he’s been and doesn’t show anywhere near the same promise as Ederson at 23.

So, it’s a stupid comparison to make.
His point is about age not about where he playing its not Ramsdale fault he played with 2 worst PL teams in last season. Maguire relegated with hull and another and his position demands more than gk at young age doesn't make him awful player he England captain now

Halcyon Daze

His point is about age not about where he playing its not Ramsdale fault he played with 2 worst PL teams in last season. Maguire relegated with hull and another and his position demands more than gk at young age doesn't make him awful player he England captain now
Fair enough, maybe I misinterpreted what Orny was trying to get across.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The big question though...

How tall is this guy?

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I don't rate him but will give him a chance. I mean the club must've seen something in there to spend so much money on him🤷‍♂️

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
At 23, Ederson had a number of games for Benfica and even had a 45 euro release clause such was his standing at such a young age. He also got to the quarter finals of the CL at that same age.

Conversely, Ramsdale has got relegated wherever he’s been and doesn’t show anywhere near the same promise as Ederson at 23.

Ederson having a 45m Euro release means little when as a 22 year old he only cost them only 500k. Portugese clubs are notorious for having highly inflated release clauses. Then he was a back up playing in the reserves and didn't make his Benfica debut until he was just about to turn 23. He only made 37 games for Benfica up until the age of 24. So he was essentially only breaking into the first team aged 23. Ramsdale comanded a £20 million fee as a 22 year old.

Conversely Ramsdale has been player of the season at his respect clubs from the ages of 21-23 in the Premier League. Even at relegated clubs that's an achievment

TornadoTed

Established Member
Andy Robertson too. A young player getting relegated with a relegation candidate means nothing.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

Fighting in a relegation battle arguably puts even more pressure on a player (especially goalkeeper) than a random CL 1/4 played over two legs.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm not gonna argue Ramsdale is more talented than Ederson.

But one of the points is that Ramsdale has now 6800 minutes in EPL at this age, while Ederson had 4800 minutes in Liga NOS. The gap between the level of leagues is huge.

Also it's just not possible that the relegation teams could be at the European competitions so that is pretty moot point, but of course gives some weight against Ramsdale's EPL experience.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

It isn't at all. He's saying Ramsdale has a lot of time to grow. Basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom