• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Aaron Ramsdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Another thing to note, that stupid graphic from twitter that everybody keeps posting which has AFC Wimbledon 20th (one place above relegation) lumped in with the two relegations neglects to mention that when he went there on loan in January (2019) they were bottom and more than ten points adrift of safety.
That goalkeeping analyst on twitter/youtube, John Harrison, I think, who is very good btw and lives in Wimbledon said Ramsdale kept them up and was/is a cult hero there.
Think he won fans player of the year or something similar, despite only joining in January, yes it's only League 1 but just a bit of perspective for people who want to judge players solely on league position.

The United fans on here (if they are old enough to remember) will tell you they signed Roy Keane from relegated Nottingham Forest.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
'So much'? 23 mil for a young English player is nothing in today's market
I wouldnt say its nothing for a keeper but £24m + addons is certainly not a crazy amount. Everton paid similar for Pickford a good few years ago. We paid similar for Leno who was Germanys no3?
Stats wise he is not far of Leno & it looks like Leno may leave in the next 12 months?

If he develops/improves he becomes a good buy.
If he doesnt develop/improve he becomes a goodbye

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I wouldnt say its nothing for a keeper but £24m + addons is certainly not a crazy amount. Everton paid similar for Pickford a good few years ago. We paid similar for Leno who was Germanys no3?
Stats wise he is not far of Leno & it looks like Leno may leave in the next 12 months?

If he develops/improves he becomes a good buy.
If he doesnt develop/improve he becomes a goodbye
He is like 3x cheaper than Kepa who isn't even HG, so at least it can't be the worst GK transfer of all time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Also an excellent shot stopper.

So is Leno, tbh...but we need more from an Arsenal keeper.

Can he command a box, can he deal with crosses, is he physical enough to hold his own on set pieces, what is his decision making/concertation like, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom