• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Roma will surely comeback mourinho fan of him and they know they only need to put good offer so we let him go. Also there an agreement in his new contract that we'd let him go if we get good bid this summer not sure about this info if true.

Anything between 20-25M and he getting sold hopefully Roma don't piss us off again.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I would take €20m in a heartbeat. No problem.

I can imagine us failing at playing hardball, trying to squeeze out a couple of million extra only for Roma to spunk €30m on an alternative.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I would take €20m in a heartbeat. No problem.

I can imagine us failing at playing hardball, trying to squeeze out a couple of million extra only for Roma to spunk €30m on an alternative.
This time can't play hardball just sell and invest we have too much to do in summer 2-3 midfielders needed

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This time can't play hardball just sell and invest we have too much to do in summer 2-3 midfielders needed
If we finish top four, we need to act like a big club. He is under contract and was one of the top performers.

Not being funny. Xhaka even with his brain farts is a vital cog on our midfield. Serie A will literally be a cake walk for him. He is of enormous value in Italy. So they need to pay up.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If we finish top four, we need to act like a big club. He is under contract and was one of the top performers.

Not being funny. Xhaka even with his brain farts is a vital cog on our midfield. Serie A will literally be a cake walk for him. He is of enormous value in Italy. So they need to pay up.
I think depend on bids as you said the bid need to be good enough not like last summer the players we targeting are good so we'll make needed upgrades

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

This is just insane, I've never seen in my life a player being so overvalued as Xhaka is for some Arsenal fans. If by vital you mean our other options are below the poverty line, then OK, but this is just overblowing his contribution and importance to our club.
Taking Cazorla for example, you would never see such a statement about him even though he was far more important to our game than Xhaka ever was which was crystal clear as soon as we've lost him. It was great to have him, but people didn't need to **** on his importance all the time as they do with Xhaka

The market doesn't lie, Xhaka is not valued at all, he is only valued among delusional Arsenal fans.

Can't wait for him to finally move so I won't have to read that nonsense about him on this forum

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Loool you are deluded. Xhaka is an ok player playing for a team who refused to replace him in years. He won’t be a star in Italy whatsoever

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Loool you are deluded. Xhaka is an ok player playing for a team who refused to replace him in years. He won’t be a star in Italy whatsoever
Xhaka excelled at the euros. Why? International football is slower paced and he got pressed less.

If he played in Italy he would thrive there. He would have so much time on the ball to spray passes around the pitch.

I am not even a Xhaka fan, but I can easily admit that I have seen him control games in the Premier League vs top opposition. He can easily do it in Italy.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Xhaka excelled at the euros. Why? International football is slower paced and he got pressed less.

If he played in Italy he would thrive there. He would have so much time on the ball to spray passes around the pitch.

I am not even a Xhaka fan, but I can easily admit that I have seen him control games in the Premier League vs top opposition. He can easily do it in Italy.
Except seria a is not slow paced. You still believe in the old myths about Italian football. It’s more attacking league than PL and the refs aare stricter. He would be a serious liability in that league

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Interesting take. I'll take note of that the next time I see Giroud outpacing defenders.
Take note when Italy national team outplay the English and field 3 midfielders better than the 100 million Declan rice. And Giroud backup striker over there walks in our team

akhil

Take note when Italy national team outplay the English and field 3 midfielders better than the 100 million Declan rice. And Giroud backup striker over there walks in our team
2 of those 3 midfielders don't play in Italy. And beating England is more a reflection on Southgate rather than the squad. Mancini actually has a coaching pedigree.

Giroud might work for Artetaball for sure, but Laca would probably do well in Serie A too.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

2 of those 3 midfielders don't play in Italy. And beating England is more a reflection on Southgate rather than the squad. Mancini actually has a coaching pedigree.

Giroud might work for Artetaball for sure, but Laca would probably do well in Serie A too.
Laca is physically shot. How anyone can’t see it is beyond me. Watching inter keep up with Liverpool intensity easily now while no pl team team outside city and Chelsea can live with them. The only thing English football has over Italian is money. The PL is very overrated

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Laca is physically shot. How anyone can’t see it is beyond me. Watching inter keep up with Liverpool intensity easily now while no pl team team outside city and Chelsea can live with them. The only thing English football has over Italian is money. The PL is very overrated
0 shots on target, at home losing 2-0. Living with Liverpool.

Reactions: Xln

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

0 shots on target, at home losing 2-0. Living with Liverpool.
Dude stop overrating our players. This isn’t 2005. Xhaka is a joke and perfect example of why we are where we are. To say he would be star in Italy is joke. Roma wanted him on the cheap and the moment we asked for decent fee they walked out. No one else wanted him and we stuck with him

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Corriere dello sport was the same tabloid that constantly said Xhaka was already sold and the announcement is just around the corner.

Why are we still allowing them? They're barely above the sun in terms of reliability.

Hope. As Brendan The Wise once said, You can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.

There is so much darkness in the world yet here you are trying to blow out our candle! (Semi kidding)

A urinal needs to be named after Jose if he both pays a (good) fee and releases us from the clutches of Granit’s mobility, press resistance, and decision making in the middle of the park.

Just thinking about removing this pretender from the most important area of the pitch and swapping him for the level of upgrade/young high ceiling replacement like we did at LB, RB, CB (x2?) and GK makes really excited for the future and what this group can achieve together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom