• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

@Blood on the Tracks and I haven’t stopped banging on for weeks about our respective sources and how this deal is in the bag. If Todd sweeps in now we’ll have to commit Seppuku.

For the punishment to properly fit the crime, it'd have to be done with one of Edu's rusty chef knives.

Preferably one with a salt/lime residue to add insult to injury.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Rice makes sense because being a homegrown starting XI level player adds like 20-30M to your fee.
But Caicedo signed a new long term contract with Brighton and is highly rated too. I think the whole homegrown thing is over stated all players cost way too much these days.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Newcastle also become last team that interested of course with money they got they have no problem to land him but their journalist admit it will be difficult to convince Rice.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How likely does it look we'll get to the end of our shopping list if the first item is 100m+ already?
Edu is rubbish at getting transfers over the line but the general transfer strategy makes sense.

Would be really stupid – even for him – if we can’t sign our other targets cos we didn’t realise the impact this 90-100M would have on the budget.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Newcastle also become last team that interested of course with money they got they have no problem to land him but their journalist admit it will be difficult to convince Rice.

giphy.webp

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Mickey Rooney

West Ham will try to generate multiple offers and ask Arsenal to match best offer to get it done. May accept slightly lower from Arsenal if that’s Rice’s clear favoured destination, but likely not by much.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Jokes aside I don’t even know what a Rice failure looks like. I think as long as he doesn’t become injury prone and doesn’t lose the ball he should be fine.

I’m looking forward to the Vieira comparisons and slotting him into the invincible side from the Arteta boys as they seem hell bent on doing that stuff, should be fun.
Yeah very high floor signing, genuinely can’t see how he ‘flops’ besides injuries.

Looking forward to him coming though because the agendas are gonna fly if I don’t see the white YaYa Toure that @OnlyOne seems to think he is.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
West Ham will try to generate multiple offers and ask Arsenal to match best offer to get it done. May accept slightly lower from Arsenal if that’s Rice’s clear favoured destination, but likely not by much.

Nah, this one is down to Rice. As long as the offer is as high as reported, West Ham will respect his wishes.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I have the match the hyperbole with hyperbole, tryna show people how ridiculous they’re being.

I just don’t like when people put down our players to hype him up. If he had a season like any of our midfielders did they’d crown him.
I hope it is okay to think Rice would be a great addition while at the same time value our current players. I personally think most of them right now are pretty good. Sure Elneny e.g. isn't the best DM in the world, but he has always put in a good shift when available and called upon. Our starting options are good. Can we improve on all, sure, but overall pretty good.

I personally want Rice as he will add some needed physicality. Plus being a nailed in English national team player and very likely future captain he will help us with the PL referees no doubt in my mind.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah very high floor signing, genuinely can’t see how he ‘flops’ besides injuries.

Looking forward to him coming though because the agendas are gonna fly if I don’t see the white YaYa Toure that @OnlyOne seems to think he is.
It's definitely possible for him to flop. Did everyone forget what a **** midfield we've had for years?

Don't think people realise what a massive ask it is to replace either of our CMs. Imagining Rice trying to beat the press from three attackers like Partey regularly does is painful.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
It's definitely possible for him to flop. Did everyone forget what a **** midfield we've had for years?

Don't think people realise what a massive ask it is to replace either of our CMs. Imagining Rice trying to beat the press from three attackers like Partey regularly does is painful.
I can’t believe some of the takes I’ve been reading about Partey. People genuinely think Rice is already better?

Like you said, I have concerns on how our build up would suffer with Rice in Parteys place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom