• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Mans got a Kieron Tierney display pic and has the audacity to talk about 'bad' footballers.
Kieran Tierney. And yes I do. He is a fantastic footballer who has been very good for this club. Not sure what the issue is or why you feel the need to raise my display pic whilst talking about Havertz. But there you go Mr Strawman.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Would genuinely disgust me this.

Called him the German Dele Alli on here when he joined and he’s been even worse than I thought he would be.

Horrid footballer that’d struggle in the WSL.

Come on now that's OTT. The guy has won the Champions League (scoring the winnner BTW against City), just a couple years ago. He's won the club world cup, UEFA Super Cup and has also won domestic cups with Chelsea. He was also the Bundeglisa player of the season back in the 18/19 season and is still only 23.

It's the move to Chelsea that should disgust you more to be fair as he was really good at Leverkusen. He's definitely the right profile of player we should be after with him being a winner and a good age profile too.

I just can't see it happening though as Chelsea paid alot for him and I would have thought they would have built the team around players like him due to his age and potential so unless they are willing to take a massive loss, I can't se this happening.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I honestly believe he's a talented player, but profile wise I just don't want him at all. I want a goalscorer or a physical presence at CF, not some twink false 9 wannabe.

This is where I'm at with him. Before his Chelsea move we'd have jumped on this and coping like we do with many of our players.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Struggling to come to terms with the fact that there’s AMers here simping for Havertz ffs.

Yes, he’s at the same club that did their best to hide/ruin the indisputable talents of Salah and KDB. Like them, he needs to go and rediscover and rehabilitate himself somewhere.

I’m not against beefing up the squad with some talented kids, in fact I prefer it. But they need to have some standout attributes. Eg if we get Diaby, he has world class speed and dribbling. Havertz has world class nothing. Speed/ dribbling/ finishing/ linkUp/ holdUp/ vision. None of it is stand out. It’s all “meh”. The evidence is pointing towards his breakout season in Germany being a flash in the pan and not the start of something. The Delle Alli comparison is harsh but merited imo.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Struggling to come to terms with the fact that there’s AMers here simping for Havertz ffs.

Yes, he’s at the same club that did their best to hide/ruin the indisputable talents of Salah and KDB. Like them, he needs to go and rediscover and rehabilitate himself somewhere.

I’m not against beefing up the squad with some talented kids, in fact I prefer it. But they need to have some standout attributes. Eg if we get Diaby, he has world class speed and dribbling. Havertz has world class nothing. Speed/ dribbling/ finishing/ linkUp/ holdUp/ vision. None of it is stand out. It’s all “meh”. The evidence is pointing towards his breakout season in Germany being a flash in the pan and not the start of something. The Delle Alli comparison is harsh but merited imo.

Who would you rather come in for Jesus? Nketiah or Havertz?
Who would you rather come in for Ødegaard? Vieira/ESR or Havertz?

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Who would you rather come in for Jesus? Nketiah or Havertz?
Who would you rather come in for Ødegaard? Vieira/ESR or Havertz?
Neither. I’d rather have Balogun for Jesus and Maddison for Ødegaard. Havertz isn’t exactly gonna be cheap - you really can’t think of any players at that price point you’d rather have?!?

Edit:
If you just want a generic utility attacker we already have one - Trossard. Who imo has a similar ceiling to Havertz.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Mans got a Kieron Tierney display pic and has the audacity to talk about 'bad' footballers.

He fallen out of favour now (not because of ability, but because of style) but he's a top player and one who played a big part in us winning our records 14th cup.

Feel he deserves more respect than this.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Neither. I’d rather have Balogun for Jesus and Maddison for Ødegaard. Havertz isn’t exactly gonna be cheap - you really can’t think of any players at that price point you’d rather have?!?

Edit:
If you just want a generic utility attacker we already have one - Trossard. Who imo has a similar ceiling to Havertz.

Lmao, Havertz is a better footballer than Maddison.

Curious regarding Balogun, have you actually watched him? I have no idea how good he is, his goal compilation in France didn't really move me.

Riou

I think the absolute only way Havertz can work for a top side in this day and age,is to play him as one of the withdrawn forwards in a 3-4-3... anything else and he completely ****s up the whole balance of your team with his limitations.

He is a good player, but doesn't really fit at all what we need...plus no more Chelsea leftovers please and thank you!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
.... withdrawn forwards in a 3-4-3... anything else and he completely ****s up .....

Interesting term. Is that a new definition of the term defensive striker, that Rafa used for Dirk Kuyt?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't want him and don't think this will happen but I do think we look to strengthen the attacking positions this summer.

Can't see us going through a season with extra games with only Jesus and Eddie through the middle assuming Balogun leaves. Trossard as well I suppose who was very impressive playing there but still feel we're a bit light.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Lmao, Havertz is a better footballer than Maddison.

Curious regarding Balogun, have you actually watched him? I have no idea how good he is, his goal compilation in France didn't really move me.
I watched a couple games. They were painful tbh but because the team were awful - I thought he was good. He’s really good on the turn. And seemed powerful. Point is he represents different qualities, whereas Havertz is just an inferior version of qualities we currently have already so it just doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t think he’s awful or anything, he just doesn’t make sense to me. He’s not an impact sub kinda guy, and he’s definitely not a first 11 kinda guy.

The move also doesn’t make sense for him. He needs to rehabilitate and for that he needs playing time and he’s not gonna find that at Arsenal.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't want him and don't think this will happen but I do think we look to strengthen the attacking positions this summer.

Can't see us going through a season with extra games with only Jesus and Eddie through the middle assuming Balogun leaves. Trossard as well I suppose who was very impressive playing there but still feel we're a bit light.

Yeah we’re definitely light. I feel like we need a pacy direct (and ideally a strong) attacker. I really like the look of someone like diaby but I’ll be honest idk too much about his game.

Riou

Interesting term. Is that a new definition of the term defensive striker, that Rafa used for Dirk Kuyt?

It's no less stupid than the "ball playing goalkeepers" of today, imho :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I like Havertz, and can see him occupying the 8s and giving us more options other than Ødegaard.

What worries me about this though, is that it could take away from us getting our main targets. Which in my mind are a RW, midfielder, defender. I just cant see us doing all that and getting in Havertz.

If we do all that (Rice, Caicedo, Havertz, RW, DF), we will win the league.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I like Havertz, and can see him occupying the 8s and giving us more options other than Ødegaard.

What worries me about this though, is that it could take away from us getting our main targets. Which in my mind are a RW, midfielder, defender. I just cant see us doing all that and getting in Havertz.

If we do all that (Rice, Caicedo, Havertz, RW, DF), we will win the league.

You like everyone we are linked with. There is nothing to like about that loser. Just Chelsea feeding media to get real to stomp up money. He has been flop for Chelsea

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You like everyone we are linked with. There is nothing to like about that loser. Just Chelsea feeding media to get real to stomp up money. He has been flop for Chelsea

Well that's probably because our targets usually look good now, and there has been a track record of good signings for a while too.

As for your "insights into this" Ill pass, but thanks anyway. Keep up the good work.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Well that's probably because our targets usually look good now, and there has been a track record of good signings for a while too.

As for your "insights into this" Ill pass, but thanks anyway. Keep up the good work.
Lool havertz look good now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom