• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
I dont remember what the media said when we linked in January what was the price? I guess it was something around 80M i think the club did underrated westham ability to ask more.

Still Westham seriously need to soft their demands a bit
yeah it was 80m and they want to keep Rice to fight for the relegation. and now they drive-up the price to 120 because they won Conference League

Sparrahork

Did city actually bid for cucarella? I believe they did but decided not to go as high as Chelsea.

Slight concern but only really that west ham may get a slightly better deal from the winning party. The good thing is both clubs have shown they will no longer pay over the odds, one will move on before it gets to be really silly money.

If it is us I still don't see that we have egg on our face, a show of strength instead that we identify good targets but will not be bullied into paying too much. That is where city are now, and we are getting there.

Man u are trying to lose the tag of overpayers with their pursuit of mount and holding firm on price. To succeed within ffp it is essential to do that.

You do have to question whether some teams may show mock interest in players from now on just to drive up the price for competitors, arsenal cannot as yet despite it working brilliantly with Martinez and mudryk. The fan base is still seeing each aborted signing as a negative rather than the positive it is.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He ticks a lot of boxes. It’s a very safe transfer, as safe as it gets. A foreign guy will need a season just to adapt, if not more.
I also think you’d need to adapt going from a team that doesn’t keep the ball to a team that dominates possession. Need to do more than running around tackling, passing needs to go up a level.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

If West Ham are allowed to be unimpressed and disgusted with £80 million and £90 million bids for Declan Rice, then Jesus Christ...

If Arsenal were selling a 24 year old Patrick Vieira in 2023, then anything less than £150 million gets you laughed out of the room by us and we should be asking close to £200 million as the fee for him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I swear they’ve always wanted 100m plus. Think Moyes said in a press conference he’d be the British transfer record, so don’t really buy this idea that they told us 80m would do it.

I reckon we should make West Ham a take it or leave it bid that totals 100m (overpriced but he’s very important to what we’re trying to do), if they say no move on.
Yeah that true moyes always said he worth 100M+. The way we not responded to all Man city interest is wierd the club look calm about the situation they seem sure about something we don't know

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Did city actually bid for cucarella? I believe they did but decided not to go as high as Chelsea.

Slight concern but only really that west ham may get a slightly better deal from the winning party. The good thing is both clubs have shown they will no longer pay over the odds, one will move on before it gets to be really silly money.

If it is us I still don't see that we have egg on our face, a show of strength instead that we identify good targets but will not be bullied into paying too much. That is where city are now, and we are getting there.

Man u are trying to lose the tag of overpayers with their pursuit of mount and holding firm on price. To succeed within ffp it is essential to do that.

You do have to question whether some teams may show mock interest in players from now on just to drive up the price for competitors, arsenal cannot as yet despite it working brilliantly with Martinez and mudryk. The fan base is still seeing each aborted signing as a negative rather than the positive it is.
Yeah the bid was £30m for Cucurella from City

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Yeah, we should be ready to pay over the odds if need be. Judging by our other targets, Rice is to be an integral part of what we do.

Yeah if we were to overpay for a midfielder between Rice and Caicedo, then for me it would be Rice as there's just way more to go off.

Beyond those two though, it starts to get a bit worrying. I'm convinced there is far superior value somewhere on the planet, but they've not let it known to the league and deals like this was the whole point of the Emirates.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I can't see even city go beyond 100m yes they got unlimited resources but also they run the players valuation limit thing they rarely go beyond the asking price. I remember kane saga no matter how much levy asked they didn't go beyond certain number.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Rice doesn’t come off who’s to say we win a bidding war with United and especially Chelsea for Caicedo…

Other than those two there isn’t really anyone that can come into our midfield and hit the ground running. We really have to get this one done.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Despite all this you have team called manutd want to offer cash plus maguire they so funny ffs

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

However it is understood that Rice’s preference remains Arsenal and the onus is on them to bring Mikel Arteta’s top target to the Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal are preparing to lodge a third bid for the 24-year-old and are likely to need to meet West Ham’s valuation. There have been suggestions that a drawn-out race will play into City’s hands. Rice met Guardiola towards the end of last season and, although he wants to stay in London, he is not going to turn City down if they end up outbidding Arsenal.

Riou

It won't happen, but if we did lose out on Rice to United this summer.

Then that is something that should cost Edu his job, for everyone that keeps asking for him to be sacked 😅

Goonger

I agree with the notion that if the idea is Havertz at Left 8 you need a bit of a defensive monster in there at 6 to cover. What are the alternatives then apart from Rice & Caceido?

Ugarte was seen as a bit of a defensive monster was he not, maybe a bit more limited with the ball. Did he sign for PSG in the end?

Riou

What are the alternatives then apart from Rice & Caceido?

Only one alternative for us after those two...

GentleVariableApe-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Arteta wants to add a defender, a central midfielder, a forward and cover on the right wing for Bukayo Saka [Gary Jacob - The Times]

Arsenal are ready to enter the race for Feyenoord left-back Quilindschy Hartman when the Dutchman returns from injury next season [The Telegraph]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško has said yes to Arsenal and now the club are in pole position to complete a £45m deal [John Cross - The Mirror]

Bayern Munich are monitoring developments on Oleksandr Zinchenko [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom