• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What a drawn out saga.
This thread was started 9th April 2019. I accidentally came across these messages while searching a bit.

@Gunner-Union "Sell him and get Declan Rice" - On the first page.

"Granit Xhaka (Out)"

Bonus content from the first page:

@drippin : "Maybe in a year if it doesn't work? Faster and more technical are the only attributes I can think of that can be upgraded, while quite likely losing some other great qualities. It's costly and risky though.

Keita and Fred are not similar players but their first seasons have not gone very well. It's a good point we would lose Xhaka & Ramsey at the same time.

This rumour is hinting at cutprices also, but good to know there might be some interest, and its not a miracle either in my opinion.

With Torreira and Xhaka there is bit of a problem with top speed in counterattacks though."

@MutableEarth : "I'd listen to an offer. Wouldn't be terribly keen on losing him but we could get decent cash for him IMO. £40-45m+ and I'd consider it."

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Xhaka is the one player you give long extensions to, as his leadership role in the dressing room is enough to want to pay him to stay.

Can then transition to player/coach role, fulfilling coaching badges etc. Arteta would definitely greenlight a longer contract for him if he wanted it.

Most likely reason is purely just a footballing sense. He’s a starter wherever he goes, simple as. We need to upgrade our midfield and can no longer guarantee him a role there. Happy for all to move on at a high note considering where he was at before.

Half true. He does always want to start and play every minute. But then he is also not a quitter. He will always fight for his place in the team. Arteta won’t tell anyone they won’t start, it’s up to how players perform in training.

drippin

What a drawn out saga.
Another one from the first page, I ruined it with Torreira, I can't believe it. 😭 :clap:But at least Xhaka was a big goal threat now, and luckily Arsenal didn't lose him for cheap either.

@drippin : "Yeah, with right partner(s) and tactics he can be very good. No silly red cards in a while either. No way we sell him cheap now. His first name fits his persona well and surely more so in the prime years of his career. I haven't always been a fan of him but can see his potential better now.

Torreira & Xhaka midfield has quite scary goal threat by the way."

drippin

Normally people get fat on their holidays. He’s looking thinner. Has Arteta set him a new challenge? :rolleyes:
Maybe he has that 1+1 contract, and he stays? And wants to stay, once more? Deja Vu?

Would you still insist he must have only a 1 year contract, not 1+1? ;)

drippin

He does want to stay, he has 1 more year not 1+1. Maybe Arsenal might offer him a new deal?
Don't care to argue about that anymore. I didn't see any proof for your claim.

But yeah, anything can happen with Xhaka. Almost everything has happened before already. 🥰

sdotzdot

Established Member
Half true. He does always want to start and play every minute. But then he is also not a quitter. He will always fight for his place in the team. Arteta won’t tell anyone they won’t start, it’s up to how players perform in training.
Absolutely Xhaka is not a quitter. But him leaving because of how much time he’s already spent here, gone through highs and lows and not wanting to fight for game time is not quitting imo. The timing may just be right for a new challenge which is understandable.

It’s public knowledge we’re going huge for a midfield signing which will basically be our first choice midfielder, so within the camp they obviously know even more details to our plans which is why I think Xhaka just thinks it’s time to move on.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Now a serious question to @Dokaka, a response to which I am curious to know since the Rice rumours started. Do not start with your poetry skills as I am not interested to read them. If you sell Rice for £100m to any team or Arsenal for example, what players you would like to buy for West Ham and who would you replace Rice with? Last year West Ham were quite good and finished 7th, I was even rooting for them to get top 4 because it is not the team that you would hate. I am surprised to see that this year you have ended up so low in the table, considering that most were saying that the top teams of the PL were unstable this season.

I am sure that you aim top4 at least like any other football team in PL. So where would you strengthen your team and what players would you buy to replace Rice? If you get lets say 100m for Rice it is a good amount of money, so have your say. I am serious as you are a good poster when you do not get furious or hurt.
Jarrod Bowen used to carry that team and he’s been bad this season so West Ham has been poor. Rice gets all the credit but they lost 20 this season with him.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think we may keep him.

I think If we can get all our first targets, I’d give Granit a proper extension and let him retire here. We don’t need that 10m to get our players, let’s be honest.

As seen with Gundogan yesterday, and players like Modric at Madrid, you need top experience and intelligence in the team.

Granit has both in abundance.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I think we may keep him.

I think If we can get all our first targets, I’d give Granit a proper extension and let him retire here. We don’t need that 10m to get our players, let’s be honest.

As seen with Gundogan yesterday, and players like Modric at Madrid, you need top experience and intelligence in the team.

Granit has both in abundance.

Granit doesn't want to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom