• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
The guy single handedly cost us two matches this season and this has happened consistently throughout his career at Arsenal. If we are really looking for top 4 again, we can't keep starting him.
Was Xhaka the only play to make mistakes that cost us points this season? Why is Xhaka singled out?

Holding, Partey, Leno and even Tierney have made mistakes that have led to goals. Why do the fans not get on their backs?

Theresa

Was Xhaka the only play to make mistakes that cost us points this season? Why is Xhaka singled out?

Holding, Partey, Leno and even Tierney have made mistakes that have led to goals. Why do the fans not get on their backs?
Careful now, he will accuse you of being me. Anyone who defends Xhaka gets accused of being a Manberg account.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

It would've been tolerable if this was the only season he did this. He leads the league in points cost over his five season reign of terror here. Even when he doesn’t make mistakes he's painfully average most of the times. As for other players, Holding & Leno got destroyed for their mistakes, this is Partey's first season, what do you expect? Tierney is one of our best players, he can be excused for one or two bad games.

In another post you mentioned how Iwobi was scapegoated, what tree has he pulled up after leaving btw?

When people see mediocrity, calling it out doesn’t mean scapegoating someone. It's just being honest. Xhaka is not a good footballer & that's what most of the people see. Not every player is meant to be good enough to play for Arsenal

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Doesn't sound great at all, much rather something like "Arsenal currently in disbelieve they get bend over for 15m once again, but Roma will eventually get them there"

25m is the absolute minimum for Xhaka, it's not like we are looking to get the best deal.
the problem we have with a lot of the players we want to get rid with is A they dont have many options and B we dont really want to keep them. Xhaka is not young player who has done well who has a lot of clubs after him we can have a bidding war. It will be a lot of selling on the cheap to move on the mistakes we done. Either way we will have sell cheap and spend a lot to improve or we just keep what we got and stay where we are. Only spending big on quality players can get us anywhere near the top 4

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Xhaka is not a good footballer & that's what most of the people see. Not every player is meant to be good enough to play for Arsenal
thats exactly scapegoating. A side that finished 8th. Couldnt score a goal in open play in a semifinal against the 7th placed side of spain. What tree did Arsenal pull up without Xhaka? In fact they looked horrible when he didnt play.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Man, I don't pay attention for one evening and Xhaka is basically out of the door? Please let it be done. Not the biggest issue in our midfield and has improved this season, but I've been through too much with this guy. Time to get rid. Symbol of our mediocrity of the last years.
You should not pay attention more often I feel 😁

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

thats exactly scapegoating. A side that finished 8th. Couldnt score a goal in open play in a semifinal against the 7th placed side of spain. What tree did Arsenal pull up without Xhaka? In fact they looked horrible when he didnt play.
we look as horrible when he plays. He is trash. Its just that when people get used to trash for so long it becomes the norm. Look at the teams who want xhaka and it tells you how rest of the world sees him

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Just because we're worse without him doesn't mean we can't be much better with a different player there. He can be replaced, its's not that hard to grasp.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think it is fair to say that our midfield need a complete makeover. It might suit both Xhaka and Arsenal to part ways now.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Took some time, but now I've figured it out. Mikel is selling more senior players like Xhaka, Leno, Willian so when he's not delivering next year he can pull the "it takes a year for a new team to gel" card with the Kroenkes.

Mastermind Mik, gotta give it to him.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Took some time, but now I've figured it out. Mikel is selling more senior players like Xhaka, Leno, Willian so when he's not delivering next year he can pull the "it takes a year for a new team to gel" card with the Kroenkes.

Mastermind Mik, gotta give it to him.

It's a fair point provided we can actually see improvement in the football we're trying to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom