<

Houssem Aouar

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Aug 7, 2020.

1. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

Hardly fair, he played 21 games for Huddersfield last season and he didn't go there until the January window.

2. krackpot

krackpot Established Member Trusted

For us.

He keeps getting injured at the wrong time.

Tourbillion likes this.
  3. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

Allow this arrogant Frenchie. Bring Szoboszlai home. More end product, bigger future.

Makavelii likes this.
  4. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

+1
    Only problem with Szoboszlai is he's a couple years away from hitting peak age. He might not hit the ground running. But he's definitely the best long term option for sure.

5. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

i think we moved on from this if he is more cheap now i think we'll buy him french club have problems with TV money so maybe it could be reason Aulas accept offers of 40M i don't think it'll happen in his last interview he loving his time at lyon and want to be get back competing with them he said.

7. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Aouar and Eduoard, get it done.

8. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Leave Mikel Alone!!

Aouar is one I’d like to see us get.

9. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief Trusted

He basically turned us down in the summer?

10. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

If we could make this happen it would be great. Give him half a season to settle before our team takes form next year.

January probably would be the best time to strike before elite clubs have a look in the summer.

11. truth_hurts

If we could get deals in place to sell Torreria and Guendouzi (reluctantly) in the summer, financially it's very viable.

12. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

13. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

For some reason my intuition says PL flop

Mrs Bergkamp, Trilly, Raicore and 2 others like this.
  14. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

My excitement has also gone down a bit, but he's still incredibly talented.
    In the end, we can just make guess work from media reports as to what his attitude and behavior really is like.

The general approach for that should really always be to give a blank slate for whatever player is arriving. One rarely knows what's true before.

On another note, I do think we actually need 2 additions to remotely fix our issues.
    Would that even be possible with Aouar's price ? Szoboszlai costs half of that.

15. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

He's been poor for Lyon this season, no? I'm not nearly as high on him now as I was in the summer. I think we should do better. His productivity just isn't convincing and we desperately need somebody we 100% know has the end product

16. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

I think his value would've dropped slightly. We should be going for him in January 100%, nobody better out there who you can get for 30-50M that can be the perfect LCM in a 433.

17. grange

grange Well-Known Member

No, his brother was handling the negotiations and was making crazy demands. Think Edu stop bothering with it altogether. His brother is no longer handling his career, supposedly.

18. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Mixed reports one saying our bid wasn't good enough the other saying his brother agent fee demands forced us to broke down the negotiations

19. truth_hurts

Partey, Ceballos (when he can be arsed) and Aoaur = sexy football.

20. REWB

REWB Active Member

I kinda think Buendia is better