• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
How are people still thinking like this with 60 games, a world Cup and 5 subs. We need 25 quality players. Not an good first 11 and nothing behind it. We need rotation.

Lb:Tierney/ Martinez
Cb: Gabriel/Martinez
Cb: white/Saliba
Rb: Tomi/Saliba

He doesn't trust Nuno, Holding (in a high line) and Cedric, so if you discount them we actually don't have enough defenders.

We lack an attacking rb, to complete the set of profiles. Norton Cuffy?
I’m normally against bloating a squad but with the amount of games that will be cramped into this season we’re gonna need as many durable players as possible. Arteta said he wants a squad of 25 for a reason.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I have thought we’d make a move for a LCB for ages.

Gabriel has been really patchy and this puts pressure on him. Don’t think this affects Saliba fwiw.

As you say it’s all about pressure on Holding.
Id agree with that.

Gabriel is decent but can be patchy and a red card liability. Holding to move on Saliba and White to duel for the right side

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

On the real guys, Lisandro Martinez is a very good player. He has one flaw, in theory, and that’s his height. But if you see him play you would never say its a disadvantage, he’s good in the air. In the CL it hasn’t been a problem playing him and timber at cb, I would imagine it could be a problem in the PL.

I wouldn’t see him as a starter but as a 12th man who can play left back, cb and defensive midfield. The problem we had when Tierney and Partey went down wouldn’t be as big if we had Lisandro Martinez in the squad so I am all for it! I hope it doesn’t cost us getting a starter somewhere else though. Lisa is good on the ball, good defensively, good hard tackler, sometimes too hard. And he has a lot of heart and a good mentality. Was on the bench half a season after playing a great season in midfield and he never complained once. Would be a lovely addition to our squad and another player with a good head on him that Arteta will like. ;)

Goonger

It's amazing. We are finally starting to act like a big club after all these years and try and have 2 good players for each position and we don't know how to handle it, everyone is suspicious like we don't deserve good things or there must be some ulterior motive! :lol:

ragnarock

How are people still thinking like this with 60 games, a world Cup and 5 subs. We need 25 quality players. Not an good first 11 and nothing behind it. We need rotation.

He doesn't trust Nuno, Holding (in a high line) and Cedric, so if you discount them we actually don't have enough defenders.

Because investing in rotation when you already have 4 decent CB takes funding from other positions. Again, the argument you make is pretty much killed by the fact that backups in other positions are Elneny, Cedric and Eddie

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

How long before someone says this is Arteta’s Laporte signing?

I’m waiting…

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
So I'm regretting my "midget CB" post now... worried this means the end of Saliba, but it could be a really smart pick if he's decent LB cover. @Dutch D posted a great write up of him in another thread.

Rattata

Another small player for a position that's not a urgent issue. Why are we building a LaLiga team instead of a team that can compete in the PL?

Stop with this LB talk. Lisandro played just above 10 games at LB in his whole career. He's not a LB. Maybe as cover but another player that won't compete with Tierney.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Though I understand this sentiment, wouldn't you wish to prioritize reinforcing the fullback and attacking positions first? With an infinite budget this sounds great, but a center back is pretty low on the priority list given we have already have Saliba coming in to reinforce a position we've invested good money into in recent windows.

Goonger

Though I understand this sentiment, wouldn't you wish to prioritize reinforcing the fullback and attacking positions first? With an infinite budget this sounds great, but a center back is pretty low on the priority list given we have already have Saliba coming in to reinforce an position we've invested good money into in recent windows.
But he is left back cover as well, has played central defence, left back and def nsive midfield for Ajax all to a decent level apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom