• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mykhailo Mudryk [Chelsea Bound]

Is Mudryk Thee Stallion disrespecting Shakhtar with his conduct?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Everyone keeps talking about his pace only being useful on the counter bla bla. His acceleration is insane- he can beat a man in 5 yards. He has a great shooting technique with zero back lift. Meaning he can get a shot off under pressure or after he used that 5 yards to beat a defender.
THIS.

I’ve gone a bit cool on this transfer but the transition merchant argument is lazy. Watch the best speedsters about (Mbappe, Vini Jr etc) and you quickly see why their pace is really dangerous.

Tbh even watching Haaland and some of the crazy 5-10 yard dashes he pulls off to create space in the box should show the value of acceleration.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

THIS.

I’ve gone a bit cool on this transfer but the transition merchant argument is lazy. Watch the best speedsters about (Mbappe, Vini Jr etc) and you quickly see why their pace is really dangerous.

Tbh even watching Haaland and some of the crazy 5-10 yard dashes he pulls off to create space in the box should show the value of acceleration.
For me speed and acceleration are always important for attackers especially.

The problem is that with this little experience, and no good proof of him being good against busses (Ukrainian league is never good proof even if you find some evidence there), transfer fees over 60 million carry humongous risk.

Little experience also means there is no proof if he is injury-prone or not when he plays a lot more per season.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Wait wait wait what did they just say?????

They just said a word they should not be saying even if it is lyrics. I was feeling the video up until then.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was patiently waiting for the lead up to that word. Man should have just mumbled like certain ladies do at the club.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
How is that an argument? You can afford to buy those players when they will be surrounded by the likes of Benzema, Modric, Kroos, Rudiger, Carvajal and Hazard, who all won on the biggest stage and can teach them the ropes.
Rudiger, Hazard? 🤨 I think the mentions of these two complicate your argument in pretty important and obvious ways, no? (Rudiger just got here, Vinicius and Rodrygo's evolution predates it by a number of years; Hazard no one gives a **** about him at Madrid and if anything he's held up as an example of how not to behave in that dressing room...) Even the mention of Benzema has its problems here (Benzema and Vinicius issues--Benzema being caught by mic basically saying don't give the ball to Vini--before his breakout in 21-22)...

In short, I think it's pretty obvious why Vinicius and Rodrygo are mentioned when comparing the potential value of Mudryk, and I also don't agree whatsoever that there are favourable circumstances for the development of a young talent (not to mention a massive difference in starting conditions--Vinicius and Rodrygo coming from another continent at 17, and I think 18 in Rodrygo's case--whereas Mudryk is 21) at Madrid than with us, all things concerned, Madrid has some arguable benefits on us in that sense (though I think it's obvious we have a fantastic atmosphere at the club and situation for bringing up young talents of Mudryk's age, it's hard to think of a better set of circumstances in football, honestly), but also some definite downsides not existing at Arsenal (far more intense mediatic presence / far less patient and more exigent in general environment around the club).

re: Ferran's price @drippin , two things to take into account:

a) everyone in football, especially Spanish football, were absolutely baffled at that price and were considered Valencia were absolutely fleeced (have to ask yourself why this was? Valencia and Shakhtar have similar levels of economic desperation and need for injection of income, so I think the inequivalent circumstance would be level of competition / interest for Ferran, where there seems to be genuine interest from all the top clubs)
b) Ferran never represented the level of talent and potential that Mudryk does

A more realistic estimation of Ferran's market value, IMO, would be something between the City (probably very much up front fee, for Valencia's needs) fee and the Barça fee (no doubt very much amortised payment in the Barça style, where they'll be asking Ethan Nwaneri to take a paycut to pay the money owed to City still in 2030 🤣)

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

For me speed and acceleration are always important for attackers especially.

The problem is that with this little experience, and no good proof of him being good against busses (Ukrainian league is never good proof even if you find some evidence there), transfer fees over 60 million carry humongous risk.

Little experience also means there is no proof if he is injury-prone or not when he plays a lot more per season.
the experience you want him to get means we won’t get him. If he goes to Newcastle and confirm his talent you think we can buy him? Offcourse it’s a gamble. Just a gamble worth taking because of his special attributes that suits this league. Arsenal don’t buy starting stars from other top teams. It’s really now or never. Hell if he goes to Brentford and blows the league away we won’t get him. We not real who can wait and get the players later

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
the experience you want him to get means we won’t get him.
Yeah, very important point. Have to get in on the ground floor. Just like if Martinelli and Saka developed to their actual level at another club they'd be playing at United and PSG, or if Vinicius developed to his actual level at another club he'd be playing at PSG or City not Madrid.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Rudiger, Hazard? 🤨 I think the mentions of these two complicate your argument in pretty important and obvious ways, no?
No. They both won trophies before coming to Real and can teach the youngsters a couple of things. Just because Rudiger got there in the summer and Hazard had a terrible stint at the club ever since he signed for them does not mean that they can't offer any valuable information to the young ones.

Your arguments are falling flat here by dismissing these players based on your subjective opinions instead of relying on the facts.

The mention of Benzema saying to other players not to pass to a raw Vinicius is also a nothing example because he was probably having an off day and Benzema didn't want the possession to go to waste.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah, very important point. Have to get in on the ground floor. Just like if Martinelli and Saka developed to their actual level at another club they'd be playing at United and PSG, or if Vinicius developed to his actual level at another club he'd be playing at PSG or City not Madrid.
And it’s one of the most obvious young player who will explode in 1-2 years I seen in a while. Not one you can say oh this has surprised me. He is fat from the finished article. Difference between me and @drippin is he see the loss of the ball and his position while I see attributes that if shaped right can be devastating. He shoot and crosses with both feet. He also has good vision. His goal against Ajax shows how devastating he is. But some people actually believe a goal like this can’t be scored in the PL

But we seen Son score similar goal just running through a PL team

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
No. They both won trophies before coming to Real and can teach the youngsters a couple of things
Winning trophies does not simply = being suited to teach youngsters things. What did Arteta win of importance before he got to the Arsenal dressing room, for example?

Just because Rudiger got there in the summer and Hazard had a terrible stint at the club ever since he signed for them does not mean that they can't offer any valuable information to the young ones.
I'm not talking about Hazard's terrible stint about the club. I'm talking about issues with his professionalism (diet and preparation) that have been recognised and corroborated.

Your arguments are falling flat here by dismissing these players based on your subjective opinions instead of relying on the facts.
🤣🤣🤣

Fact: Rüdiger arrived this season. 99% of Vinicius and Rodrygo's evolution has occurred before the first few months of this season. Indeed, Vinicius is at a much lower level than he was last season.

I'm also presenting facts you are clearly unaware of. But of course it's me who's presenting the 'subjective opinions' and KrissKringle, meanwhile...

The mention of Benzema saying to other players not to pass to a raw Vinicius is also a nothing example because he was probably having an off day and Benzema didn't want the possession to go to waste.
You're clearly not aware of the details of this incident nor what both players have said about it and that time afterwards.

A bit more humility and sticking to what one knows and understands, would be appreciated, especially if you are going to have a go at people for presenting 'subjective opinions' and not 'relying on facts', when that is precisely what you are doing, and precisely what the person you are accusing of doing that is not doing.

drippin

Rudiger, Hazard? 🤨 I think the mentions of these two complicate your argument in pretty important and obvious ways, no? (Rudiger just got here, Vinicius and Rodrygo's evolution predates it by a number of years; Hazard no one gives a **** about him at Madrid and if anything he's held up as an example of how not to behave in that dressing room...) Even the mention of Benzema has its problems here (Benzema and Vinicius issues--Benzema being caught by mic basically saying don't give the ball to Vini--before his breakout in 21-22)...

In short, I think it's pretty obvious why Vinicius and Rodrygo are mentioned when comparing the potential value of Mudryk, and I also don't agree whatsoever that there are favourable circumstances for the development of a young talent (not to mention a massive difference in starting conditions--Vinicius and Rodrygo coming from another continent at 17, and I think 18 in Rodrygo's case--whereas Mudryk is 21) at Madrid than with us, all things concerned, Madrid has some arguable benefits on us in that sense (though I think it's obvious we have a fantastic atmosphere at the club and situation for bringing up young talents of Mudryk's age, it's hard to think of a better set of circumstances in football, honestly), but also some definite downsides not existing at Arsenal (far more intense mediatic presence / far less patient and more exigent in general environment around the club).

re: Ferran's price @drippin , two things to take into account:

a) everyone in football, especially Spanish football, were absolutely baffled at that price and were considered Valencia were absolutely fleeced (have to ask yourself why this was? Valencia and Shakhtar have similar levels of economic desperation and need for injection of income, so I think the inequivalent circumstance would be level of competition / interest for Ferran, where there seems to be genuine interest from all the top clubs)
b) Ferran never represented the level of talent and potential that Mudryk does

A more realistic estimation of Ferran's market value, IMO, would be something between the City (probably very much up front fee, for Valencia's needs) fee and the Barça fee (no doubt very much amortised payment in the Barça style, where they'll be asking Ethan Nwaneri to take a paycut to pay the money owed to City still in 2030 🤣)
Valencia were fleeced or Barcelona?

In any case, comparing experience from 2nd best league in the world to Ukrainian league is tough. Even from Brazilian league to Ukrainian league.

According to this Ukrainian league is on similar level as Norway, 16th while Spain is 2nd. Mudryk would have it a lot tougher to impress in LaLiga, just like Sancho has in Premier League.

Willian, Mkhitaryan, Douglas Costa and Yarmolenko were all sold between 25-35 million euros while they all had 4x more experience from Ukrainian league. Of course those all were some time ago, while transfer fees have gone up.

Mudryk looks like a bigger talent, but he hasn't shown it for a long period at all. And these were big talents too. But I'll adjust my estimation from this from 30-40 million pounds, to 40-50 million pounds.

Like I said, Arsenal needs to have some sensible add-ons in the transfer fee, to lessen the risks such an inexperienced player from Ukrainian league brings, if they go above 40-50 million pounds.

When you compare to players from Brazil, who are super talents at 17-18 and doing it in their league, the fee is naturally bigger because they're like 4-5 years younger than Mudryk so they can perform for more years for the club, and have more resale value.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
And it’s one of the most obvious young player who will explode in 1-2 years I seen in a while. Not one you can say oh this has surprised me. He is fat from the finished article. Difference between me and @drippin is he see the loss of the ball and his position while I see attributes that if shaped right can be devastating. He shoot and crosses with both feet. He also has good vision. His goal against Ajax shows how devastating he is. But some people actually believe a goal like this can’t be scored in the PL

But we seen Son score similar goal just running through a PL team

Yeah, I tend to agree, haven't watched him enough to say with any authority or conviction, but everything I see (including what looks like real interest from all big clubs in Europe) smells of a legit top talent.

As with all young players, so much that will determine if he becomes one or not we don't know nor can predict, but the clubs know it better and can predict it better than we can, so what the market decides in the end is more interesting than what we say.

What I do know is for top clubs and young talents it is a better economic approach to overpay than to not buy them and spend on lesser levels for anything less of a talent (for somewhat similar reasons why hiring Em*ry over God teta was a terrible decision). The genius of uncle Floren figured this out quick as his market strategy to overcome the exponentially less economic power Madrid has compared to the state owned clubs.

Valencia were fleeced or Barcelona?

Valencia were perceived to be fleeced by everyone in football, especially in Spain (in reality I never really saw Ferran as an elite level talent--actually I was rather surprised City bought him at the time, though they certainly got ROI, so as usual, Txiki and Ferran knew what they were doing--so I don't think Valencia did that badly, especially if much or all of the fee was upfront as I assume).

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Dude it’s not your money. Stop pocket watching the club. We are loaded like most teams in the PL. 50-60 million is not crazy for any PL team. Hell Nottingham spent 150 million this summer

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I am very excited by this guy even if he is raw and its far from guaranteed he'll explode in the PL, but I think the quoted fee is too much. We do have to be sensible about this. Could just be paper talk. I'd expect it to be more around €40-45m.

drippin

Valencia were perceived to be fleeced by everyone in football, especially in Spain.
They got 33,5 million euros according to Transfermarkt. It looks like he had a year in contract.

If he was a worse talent than Mudryk, I'm not sure how that is getting fleeced.

Mudryk has contract until 2026. He renewed February 2022.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
They got 33,5 million euros according to Transfermarkt. It looks like he had a year in contract.

If he was a worse talent than Mudryk, I'm not sure how that is getting fleeced.
I'm talking about the perception around football, not my own. My own perception then and now I shared there. Ferran only having a year on his contract I don't recall, so that may be something the general perception around football didn't take into account properly (I don't recall that, honestly...are you sure?).

drippin

I'm talking about the perception around football, not my own. My own perception then and now I shared there. Ferran only having a year on his contract I don't recall, so that may be something the general perception around football didn't take into account properly (I don't recall that, honestly...are you sure?).
"This is because his contract expires on 30th June 2021 and Valencia have still not renewed him. Some people have already criticised the fact that this has not been done. For now, everything is up in the aier and teams are lying in wait."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom