• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
"They lost 5-1 of course Rice was **** hurrrdurrrrrr"

Meanwhile:

Wy6xBxA.gif

3if2PWj.gif

j4vpQO0.png
One thing I realised is that West Ham’s performances are never his fault and it’s everyone else actually because he’s the perfect player. But if played well I’m sure it’s all praise to Rice.

You guys can’t even see past your own bias, he’ll always have 10/10 games in your eyes because of this.

BigPoppaPump

@A_G notes draft:

First MotM
- Declan: the Rice is right
- Declan: All Rice

First goal
- The Riceman
- Rice Rice Baby

Red card/We sell him
- No more Mr Rice Guy

Problems with Mikel/breaking rules
- Declan: The Rice and Fall
You seem to be posting like Riou these days.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
One thing I realised is that West Ham’s performances are never his fault and it’s everyone else actually because he’s the perfect player.

You guys can’t even see past your own bias, he’ll always have 10/10 games in your eyes because of this.

His team mates just keep letting him down.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Waiting for that dopey West Ham fan to blame Soucek for this 😂
"Fabianski kept messing his rhythm up" "He's a better rapper than Partey" "He was just 24 years old in this clip"

Forget about him anyway, this decision making is what half of AM wants to see at the Emirates.

BigPoppaPump

"Fabianski kept messing his rhythm up" "He's a better rapper than Partey" "He was just 24 years old in this clip"

Forget about him anyway, this decision making is what half of AM wants to see at the Emirates.
The fact he decided to do that rap shows he has awful decision making.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He might be good for you but Arsenal is another level. He doesn’t have the skills to replace any of our current starting midfield.

What is this crap? Trossard, White, Ramsdale and Ødegaard all took a ‘step up’ to Arsenal and have absolutely flourished.

Just admit you’ve not got a clue what you’re on about?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Ben White never got the hype Rice did and is a much more technical player. Rice is just a typical plodder.
A couple examples about the hype from you.. :lol:

You said:
How is White already better? You just hype up any transfer so I can’t take you seriously.

Holding had the most minutes in the 3rd best defence in the league last season, Ben White was the 3rd best CB in a awful Brighton team. There’s levels to this. This is another scam transfer we’re getting use to.
Mari isn’t better but Gabriel and Holding are, we don’t need him and 50m is a waste.
Don't think we'll have players of that quality here again. Now we sign guys like Ben White and have to pray Pepe comes good, it's sad times.
Where did this myth begin lol Holding has never been poor at passing. Arsenal was right about him not getting credit cos he wasn’t expensive. Watch every 5/10 White performance get hyped cos he’s a nee expensive signing happens every year.
Regardless I don’t think White improves us or that he is better than Gab, Holding or Luiz. If he proves me wrong I’ll be the happiest guy, but I’m usually right about players.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

You said:

Well the last one does kind of save his blushes

BigPoppaPump

You said:

That's exactly my point though. Ben White got no hype and turned out to be really good but Rice gets lots of hype and is gonna turn out to be bad. I even said I'd be happy if I was proven wrong which I was and I can admit.

Plus I wouldn't take what I said there seriously it was mostly sarcasm taken out of context. The Holding stuff was trolling cos I thought he was underrated.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He might be good for you but Arsenal is another level. He doesn’t have the skills to replace any of our current starting midfield.

I don't understand your logic. Currently Xhaka is flourishing as an 8 in our system.

There is some odd consensus that our system works if we replace Xhaka with a Bernardo Silva type. It doesn't make sense. That isn't why we are successful.

We would lack Xhakas positioning off the ball, we would lack the aerial ability, we would lack the physicality, we would lack the on pitch leadership.

Putting a 'flair' player there makes us look better on the eye, but it isn't necessarily beneficial. Ødegaard, Saka, Martinelli and Jesus provide the flair. They are also weak in the air defensively. Take Xhaka out and replace him with a diminutive playmaker and we have only Partey, White, Gabriel, Saliba to effectively defend a set piece. What is that?

Take KDB. I'm not comparing their style at all, but what makes KDB aesthetically pleasing? He doesn't do step overs anymore. He doesn't use intricate dribbling. It's all efficiency. Ball striking to the highest level and early high risk crosses and passes into dangerous areas. He also carries.

Now you say Rice doesn't have the skills. I totally disagree. Data and the eye tests, plus the general consensus from a West Ham fan show that he is a very very good player.

Look past his upright running style, his cringy behaviour off the pitch, his straight to the point interviews. Look past the fact his name is Rice and not Ortega. Look past the fact that he is an English white player who seems pretty simple and straight forward.

Look at what he can bring. He is statistically one of if not the best off the ball players in the league. Tackles, interceptions, recoveries when left on an Island in midfield are of the highest level. He is two footed. He is an elite passer. He can play every pass we need in this team. The Weight of pass, the fade over the top, the switch of play either foot. He is robust. He is strong. He is dominant physically and in the air. He is intelligent. The guy can play CB, DM and CM. That takes intelligence. He can shoot off either foot. He is combative and determined. He has an engine, he is fast and can carry forward and he can recover backwards. He is more skillfull than he let's on. He isn't going to try and beat a man in his own third as he hasn't been instructed to. He is restricted by Moyes and Southgate. The same Southgate who doesn't pick White.

Add to that, he is a leader. He is the captain of the team. He fronts up to the media when his team gets slapped up. You need that last ditch block, blood and thunder, body on the line, its Rice. Put him in the 8 and he gets 10+ goals. He starts more transitions through winning the ball high up the pitch. He finds Saka in space with switches more than Xhaka does. He protects us vs the counter more than Xhaka does.

He's English, he's 6 foot tall, he is cringe, and that all ticks the box for the next England captain. We buy him, he becomes the captain. The best young team in the English League with the England captain and the England star boy in Saka.

Yeah, I want to see that. I want Rice at Arsenal and only blind people think otherwise.

BigPoppaPump

I don't understand your logic. Currently Xhaka is flourishing as an 8 in our system.

There is some odd consensus that our system works if we replace Xhaka with a Bernardo Silva type. It doesn't make sense. That isn't why we are successful.

We would lack Xhakas positioning off the ball, we would lack the aerial ability, we would lack the physicality, we would lack the on pitch leadership.

Putting a 'flair' player there makes us look better on the eye, but it isn't necessarily beneficial. Ødegaard, Saka, Martinelli and Jesus provide the flair. They are also weak in the air defensively. Take Xhaka out and replace him with a diminutive playmaker and we have only Partey, White, Gabriel, Saliba to effectively defend a set piece. What is that?

Take KDB. I'm not comparing their style at all, but what makes KDB aesthetically pleasing? He doesn't do step overs anymore. He doesn't use intricate dribbling. It's all efficiency. Ball striking to the highest level and early high risk crosses and passes into dangerous areas. He also carries.

Now you say Rice doesn't have the skills. I totally disagree. Data and the eye tests, plus the general consensus from a West Ham fan show that he is a very very good player.

Look past his upright running style, his cringy behaviour off the pitch, his straight to the point interviews. Look past the fact his name is Rice and not Ortega. Look past the fact that he is an English white player who seems pretty simple and straight forward.

Look at what he can bring. He is statistically one of if not the best off the ball players in the league. Tackles, interceptions, recoveries when left on an Island in midfield are of the highest level. He is two footed. He is an elite passer. He can play every pass we need in this team. The Weight of pass, the fade over the top, the switch of play either foot. He is robust. He is strong. He is dominant physically and in the air. He is intelligent. The guy can play CB, DM and CM. That takes intelligence. He can shoot off either foot. He is combative and determined. He has an engine, he is fast and can carry forward and he can recover backwards. He is more skillfull than he let's on. He isn't going to try and beat a man in his own third as he hasn't been instructed to. He is restricted by Moyes and Southgate. The same Southgate who doesn't pick White.

Add to that, he is a leader. He is the captain of the team. He fronts up to the media when his team gets slapped up. You need that last ditch block, blood and thunder, body on the line, its Rice. Put him in the 8 and he gets 10+ goals. He starts more transitions through winning the ball high up the pitch. He finds Saka in space with switches more than Xhaka does. He protects us vs the counter more than Xhaka does.

He's English, he's 6 foot tall, he is cringe, and that all ticks the box for the next England captain. We buy him, he becomes the captain. The best young team in the English League with the England captain and the England star boy in Saka.

Yeah, I want to see that. I want Rice at Arsenal and only blind people think otherwise.
Not gonna lie to you man, you're gonna have to summerise this in bullet points for me.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

You guys should watch the Arsenalvision scouting report on Declan Rice. Personally I haven't watched it myself but I saw online that it agrees with me and says Rice is really raw (please no food puns). I think it's good to see it from another perspective instead of the typical media narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom