• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I hope some club somewhere is interested enough in his abilities that they would make an offer to take him. It doesn’t even have to be a profitable one.

This is in no way to be construed as me diminishing Xhaka’s *ahem* contribution to Arsenal but to acknowledge that he has done all he can on the pitch here and should be given the opportunity to do his thing elsewhere. Away from the emirates stadium. As soon as possible would be preferable.
Amen. 🙏

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Granit's gonna get a restraining order against Hertha Berlin at this point :lol:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

miguel herrera win GIF
Me coming out from the toilet having taken a big dump and feeling relieved...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hope he isn’t leaving, we need to keep him and Partey, and add to them. Guys like El Neny and Cebellos are ones to be improved on.

The agent of El Neny saying they are discussing an extension, maybe one of the most horrid players to ever play for us.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hope he isn’t leaving, we need to keep him and Partey, and add to them. Guys like El Neny and Cebellos are ones to be improved on.

The agent of El Neny saying they are discussing an extension, maybe one of the most horrid players to ever play for us.

2 years left in the summer, you want him to have a new contract?

GDeep™

League is very weak
2 years left in the summer, you want him to have a new contract?

Of Course. New contract for him and dump El Neny/Cebellos to sign two more good CM’s. This then gives you 3/4 good CM options.

Xhaka has been the best CM at the club this season.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Can't see any way Arteta will allow him to leave unless a silly offer comes in unfortunately. With only 2 years left we'd be lucky to get anything above £15m for him.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
We all know that he is not going to leave. Last year, he thought that all big clubs are going to fight with each other to sign up for his services. By the time he realised that no one except the likes of Hertha Berlin would touch him with a barge pole, he already had a foot out of the door and it was too late. Luckily for him Arteta came and took him in.
Now that Xhaka knows the kind of demand he has outside, he would prefer to stay put, churn out more ****ty performances, giving away goals like a clown, justify it by saying 'that's football' and then give interviews about how he is being unfairly targetted.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'd take anything above £20m, honestly. He's on relatively big wages (100k+, double Elneny), aging and won't really fetch a fee when he's nearer to 30. I don't want to extend and upgrade his contract even further. We should end the cycle of losing our players for nothing and just sell and get a younger, higher potential player in.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Been one of his biggest critics but he’s having his best season here by far. One of our best players this season in fact.

Other than Partey & Xhaka our CM options are really poor. Think we should be keeping Xhaka unless a silly offer comes in (40/50mill)

Credit goes to Xhaka for turning it round imo. Guy’s Arsenal career looked finished at so many different points. Takes character to come back from that.

Only other way I’d want him gone is if he demands stupid money for a new contract. Small increase, nothing more than that though if it can be helped.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Been one of his biggest critics but he’s having his best season here by far. One of our best players this season in fact.

Other than Partey & Xhaka our CM options are really poor. Think we should be keeping Xhaka unless a silly offer comes in (40/50mill)

Credit goes to Xhaka for turning it round imo. Guy’s Arsenal career looked finished at so many different points. Takes character to come back from that.

Only other way I’d want him gone is if he demands stupid money for a new contract. Small increase, nothing more than that though if it can be helped.
Pretty much.

Also the biggest argument for us not selling him is that if we do we need 2 great midfielders in, not just one. Because otherwise we'll just have to overplay 1 of those midfielders again.

And after this year, I really really don't want to overplay Partey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom