• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Been one of his biggest critics but he’s having his best season here by far. One of our best players this season in fact.

Other than Partey & Xhaka our CM options are really poor. Think we should be keeping Xhaka unless a silly offer comes in (40/50mill)

Credit goes to Xhaka for turning it round imo. Guy’s Arsenal career looked finished at so many different points. Takes character to come back from that.

Only other way I’d want him gone is if he demands stupid money for a new contract. Small increase, nothing more than that though if it can be helped.
so many on A-M denying that old saying of being only as good as your last performance - they much prefer the one about giving a dog a bad name ...........

Reactions: roz

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'd take anything above £20m, honestly. He's on relatively big wages (100k+, double Elneny), aging and won't really fetch a fee when he's nearer to 30. I don't want to extend and upgrade his contract even further. We should end the cycle of losing our players for nothing and just sell and get a younger, higher potential player in.
Getting anything above 10M would be some achievement these days and mid-table Bundesliga clubs probably won't be able to offer more than that.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Don't extend and sell for £10m or more. He's been a rock physically and this is the first season where small injuries have crept in. He's having his best season apparently but we're the lowest we've been in years and he isn't able to carry the midfield himself. CM is the biggest problem we have. What will we do when Partey goes to AFCON? Sell Xhaka, return Ceballos, let Elneny run down unless we get an offer and build around Partey with Willock promoted properly.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Of Course. New contract for him and dump El Neny/Cebellos to sign two more good CM’s. This then gives you 3/4 good CM options.

Xhaka has been the best CM at the club this season.
Our CM has been rubbish for years, instead of keeping any of them, the club should be desperate to sell all except Partey.

People wanting Xhaka to stay are the same people who will complain that the club is underperforming, but they want to keep players who are responsible for our position

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Our CM has been rubbish for years, instead of keeping any of them, the club should be desperate to sell all except Partey.

People wanting Xhaka to stay are the same people who will complain that the club is underperforming, but they want to keep players who are responsible for our position
His best season here apparently after a red card for choking a player, gifting away goals to Leicester and West Ham all mixed with a couple of very good performances and mediocre performances in the rest. Standards these days!! People felt that moving to Santi itself was going down by a level for our CM standards. Xhaka is not even worth cleaning the boots of Santi and they want to extend him and play him regularly.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
His best season here apparently after a red card for choking a player, gifting away goals to Leicester and West Ham all mixed with a couple of very good performances and mediocre performances in the rest. Standards these days!! People felt that moving to Santi itself was going down by a level for our CM standards. Xhaka is not even worth cleaning the boots of Santi and they want to extend him and play him regularly.
Not a single big club ever wants him, every other fanbase laugh at him, he acts like an arrogant prick all the time yet these people still love him for some unknown reason.

The sad thing is he won't leave as hertha link is probably bogus

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I get that, that's why I can't understand why people think we're getting any serious money for him. We would need to be super lucky to find some desperate club that needs him, and those clubs usually have empty bank accounts.

Tbh, I wouldn't be too surprised if the club gives him a new contract just because of his poor value on the market. It's funny that we have a better chance to earn more on Willock and AMN, Xhaka fans will have a hard time accepting that. They'll probably say he is super important if we keep him and ignore the fact nobody else wants him :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not a single big club ever wants him, every other fanbase laugh at him, he acts like an arrogant prick all the time yet these people still love him for some unknown reason.

The sad thing is he won't leave as hertha link is probably bogus
I don't think even mid-table clubs would be too interested (at least not in the PL), maybe in Spain or Germany, playing for Hertha or Betis, but that's not so much different compared to Ceballos who is getting slaughtered on this forum

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I get that, that's why I can't understand why people think we're getting any serious money for him. We would need to be super lucky to find some desperate franchise that needs him, and those clubs usually have empty bank accounts.

Tbh, I wouldn't be too surprised if the franchise gives him a new contract just because of his poor value on the market. It's funny that we have a better chance to earn more on Willock and AMN, Xhaka fans will have a hard time accepting that. They'll probably say he is super important if we keep him and ignore the fact nobody else wants him :lol:
I hope we don't repeat the mistake we've already made as he'd be gone on the summer if we hadn't extended. We keep trying to protect the value of players who have no real value to us. I want us to sell well but sometimes you have to cut your losses. Just take any half decent offer, free up a squad place and get his wages off the books. Extending a poor player won't make them a good one.

Breezy ®

I pray we don't repeat the mistake we've already made as he'd be gone on the summer if we hadn't extended. We keep trying to protect the value of players who have no real value to us. I want us to sell well but sometimes you have to cut my losses. Just take any half decent offer, free down a squad place and get his wages off the books. Extending a poor player won't make them a good one.

If the club extends Xhaka’s contract now I will not be attending another game for the rest of the season. Mark my words!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Been one of the guys who has rated Xhaka in previous seasons howver this season in particular his form has been very patchy.

We need consistent CMs, none of Ceballos, Xhaka, Partey and Elneny have been that this season.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Granit Xavi

200.gif

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Standards these days!! People felt that moving to Santi itself was going down by a level for our CM standards. Xhaka is not even worth cleaning the boots of Santi and they want to extend him and play him regularly.
Try to square that circle if you can... Anyone pro-Xhaka should be disqualified from complaining that we are mid-table or criticise Arteta. Xhaka is one of the main reasons we are mid-table and Arteta plays him every game. I say pick a lane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom