• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
If we replace Xhaka with Rabiot just so we can play a Rabiot-Torreira pivot then I'm done with this club. How uninspiring is that? How do you control games with that sort of midfield? It's literally just a midfield to do the dirty work and play as part of a defensive team, certainly not a midfield that'll be good for the build up or helping to break the lines.

tbf we've never been in control with Xhaka playing in midfield.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I rate him, but am prepared to sell him and replace with somebody equally as experienced but with a better engine and mobility.

blaze_of_glory

so the links last few days saw us want to sell Kosh Monreal Chambers Xhaka Elneny and we already lost Ramsey Cech Welbeck these 8 players if we replace them our new players will take too much time to settle and that mean trouble but i think it has to be done.
Yeah if we do all this at once it likely means next season is a write off.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Imagine having somebody in midfield who can turn. :drool:

Xhaka when he gets the ball and trying to turn:

giphy.gif

lucky7

so the links last few days saw us want to sell Kosh Monreal Chambers Xhaka Elneny and we already lost Ramsey Cech Welbeck these 8 players if we replace them our new players will take too much time to settle and that mean trouble but i think it has to be done.
Full out list of first team players including the potential sales.
GK: Cech
CB: Kos, Mustafi
LB: Monreal
RB: Jenkinson, Licht
Midfield: Ramsey, El Neny, Xhaka, Chambers
Forwards/Wingers: Suarez, Welbeck

Not even including Özil or Mhiki who will be hard to shift. 12 players.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah if we do all this at once it likely means next season is a write off.

This is what I'm worried about, it's alright talking about just getting rid of everyone from the previous era and starting again but it makes things incredibly difficult. There's gonna be a period of next season where the team will need to gel because they'll not be used to playing with each other. I'm not convinced it's the best way to go about building a team. Especially if you consider the rumours about Koscielny and Monreal leaving too. Wholesale changes is very risky. A lot of senior members of the squad will have gone is another thing to consider.

blaze_of_glory

This is what I'm worried about, it's alright talking about just getting rid of everyone from the previous era and starting again but it makes things incredibly difficult. There's gonna be a period of next season where the team will need to gel because they'll not be used to playing with each other. I'm not convinced it's the best way to go about building a team. Especially if you consider the rumours about Koscielny and Monreal leaving too. Wholesale changes is very risky. A lot of senior members of the squad will have gone is another thing to consider.
Yeah, seems like it will just increase pressure on Emery too.

blaze_of_glory

would you be against a full rebuild?

I'm all for it.
This squad isn't going anywhere and we need to start from scratch.
Not against it, just not sure it should be done all at once. Dont' trust us to get people in to replace in such short time. Just thinking maybe it should be spread out a bit more.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Not against it, just not sure it should be done all at once. Dont' trust us to get people in to replace in such short time. Just thinking maybe it should be spread out a bit more.

I'm a bit concerned too. Let's hope Edu is the right man for the job.
But I'm sick of this squad. They will let us down again so I'm all for it. I think it's time. It should have started a few years ago.

Btw who the hell is Erlis? (title thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom