<

Houssem Aouar

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monstar-Gunn4r

Monstar-Gunn4r Well-Known Member

I have to laugh at this. Aged like already rotten yogurt.

2. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

Yes but I mean in even selling our players. And actually I don't know if 5-10M is worth he didn't do a preseason us.

We should sell quicker all the deadwood even for s lower price. We are spending more in their wages.

Iceman10 likes this.
  3. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

No, I know, just saying that to offer reasons why he's not someone I would say it clicked for late, he was a massive talent, who's talent was recognised early, who made good on his talent at the first real chance he was given (Wolfsburg). Clicking late I'd talk more about people like Koulibaly, though it's funny, it's hard to think of too many people who turned out to be big talents who were not already so at 20-22...before there were cases like Ribery and what not but I suppose with the advances in technology and globalisation it's natural that there's just not many big talents that aren't already scouted and getting a move to a biggish club by 20 or early 20s.

Anyways, lesson is probably that it does matter what players are doing in their early 20s, and if they're not beginning to produce or show advancements in certain areas of their game at certain ages it's best to be conservative about their projection and realise the chances of them all of a sudden having a revelation in their development are low. A relevant lesson for people like AMN and Pepe, IMO...even Zaha if you think about it, he's a player that clearly had some untapped potential at United but given how under-developed certain areas of his game were at that age (similarly raw in the same areas Pepe is now at a similar age) you can see why United let him go.

Trilly likes this.
  4. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Good. Even if there no agreement but we still trying to get best possible deal

6. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

Translation: Absolutely nothing has happened.

<<reed>> and yorch44 like this.
  7. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

We seem to be making le progres.

8. yousif_arsenal

You hope an agreement could be found tomorrow we all know Aulas is desperately trying to get the abslout maximum from us

9. berric

berric Well-Known Member

These last couple of days will feel like eternity.

10. Gaminks OL

Gaminks OL Member

Personnally I think that Aouar is a great player and will still improve. He reminds me Iniesta. It would be a big blow to lose him but the club has an understanding with him that he will leave if the price is right for the club so he is gone if Arsenal pays the price. I don't think that JMA will lower the price because he doesn't really need to and he would be judged very harshly by the fans and it would weaken his hands in future deals across Europe if other french clubs are better sellers than him (Lille, Monaco, and now Saint Etienne).

For Lyon fans in general, the mood is heavy and rather dark. The start of the season has been nothing short of disastrous, the team struggles to score a single goal, the coach is strongly disliked, has no idea and won't be renewed at the end of the season if he isn't fired before, and regardless of Aouar, the squad lack quality and quantity. The depth has been sold and not replaced, no quality player has been recruited and it looks likely that we could have games with five 20 years old or younger starting a match.

Nobody believe that we are challenging for top 3.

Ibadan likes this.
  11. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Wouldn't trust them. Can't even spell Progress properly.

MLK79 and blaze_of_glory like this.
  12. yousif_arsenal

The only active deal is Aouar

Camron and blaze_of_glory like this.
  13. Xanth

Xanth Well-Known Member

I think we're in that calm before the storm phase, at least I hope.

14. Gaminks OL

Gaminks OL Member

If you lack the cash, as it seems that unfortunately for both of us, Arsenal looks like the only english club who seem to lack cash, you could send back Lacazette to usas we can't score a goal currently. We would welcome him with a bottle of champagne.

15. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Come on Arsenal pay up!!

16. yorch44

What if we offer them Laca and we take both Aouar and Depay. I would do it

African Flair likes this.
  17. yousif_arsenal

Lyon can't afford paying his 180k a week.

18. yorch44

Maybe Laca could take a cut... Even we would pay some of them. If Laca Is not offering something, and we think Depay could. I would do it.

19. Ibadan

Ibadan Thread Bump Police

Sounds rather bleak, we feel for you. I think PL fans often fail to realise the almost colonialist effect we have on other leagues - especially Ligue 1 clubs.
    It's incredible to think about all the talent Lyon has produced in the last decade. If you'd managed to hold on to a 1/3 of those players you'd be one of the best teams in the world.

Keep your head up Gaminks!

20. Jamaica

Jamaica Member

I think we've already reached a point that is financially okay, but are trying to get the lowest price possible. Obviously they want to make another move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.