• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Fighting **** & Glory Glory Go Into Meltdown

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Would love to laugh at them but they’re pure class at the moment.

Meanwhile, we are stood still make the same old mistakes.

We can’t laugh any anyone Woolwich playing the football we’re supposed to be playing we’re playing like palace .

They're simply more ruthless than we are, when it comes to beating **** teams like Wolves and Everton. At the moment the ****s are good.

It’s taken Arteta 4 years for them to play the way they’re playing.

Ange has been here 7 months

We are looking a bit cuckoo pretending we can win the title & they will be lucky to make top 4.

As I said earlier, if we put half as much effort into succeeding on the pitch as we do off it, we'd have won far more than 1 league Cup this century, could easily be mounting a title challenge like Woolwich and Liverpool, and this conversation wouldn't even be happening.

For most clubs even just dreaming about the CL is pie in the sky.
But we are true players. CL is a possibility every year. Not many clubs can say that.

Admittedly this year we have bottled our title race but we need to be like woolwich and build and learn from our mistakes.

We have nothing to win this season so watching football for the rest of the season is less worth it. Investing time into a competition that might be won by city, liverpool or woolwich, as long as we have a chance to finish 4th? There are better ways to spend time.

Next season, with this squad further down the road with the same manager, and the right level of recruitment, I can really see this squad challenging to win the premier league and FA Cup. That's worth the time.

Rice wasn't an established top tier player either going by definition, he'd never played CL football before Woolwich signed him, never got close to POTY shouts and the highest position he'd finished in with his club was 6th so I have no idea what seperates him to someone like Romero or Maddison?

If you really don’t think Rice was a top tier player when Woolwich signed him, you’re just deluding yourself.

What made him a 'top tier player' and why was he different to the likes of Romero or Maddison, seeing as you're the one making the distinction, tell me what the difference was?

There is no point.

You mean that the only differential of top tier players compared to 2nd or 3rd tier is price and nothing else?

If Woolwich paid £50m for Rice would you be saying the same thing?

If we paid £80m for Maddison would you be saying the same thing?

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Our game vs Newcastle

Newcastles first bank is too high. **** getting in the space between with ease

Easy game so far for the camera man.

Seriously the jammiest ****ing team ever wtf

That’s absolute muck from Karius et al.

Classic Woolwich luck to face him in his first PL start in 100 years.

Set piece/penalty/OG FC get lucky again. Who'd have thought.

We’ve got to be better at defending set pieces by the time we play them lot

Newcastle have won once at Woolwich since 2001.

Dont know why you do it to yourselves. Next Woolwich game you lot should be tuning in for is City away at the end of March.

The amount of set piece goals they have scored can't be sustainable surely? I'd expect them to come back to earth with that at some point, probably next season unfortunately.

Gonna take a hell of a lot from city or Liverpool to stop them winning the title. Bad times

Intensity is insane.

Woolwich are still 3rd. And for good reason. They are the third best team in the league, there's no reason any one should really believe they'll beat Liverpool or City over the distance.

Jammy or otherwise, 2 quickfire goals to kill it off...

It's just what they ****ing do innit?

I think they are better than Liverpool & city are off it & lack the hunger. 2pts to make up is nothing. Liverpool have too many injuries sadly & all the cups are draining.
There are lots of reasons to believe they can finish ahead of Liverpool. They did it last season very easily. I think Liverpool will fall away.

Also, wtf did Woolwich get upto in their Dubai trip over the winter!?

Arteta been borrowing Ramon Segura from Pep Guardiola!?

Shambolic Eddie Howe side rolls over for Woolwich at the emirates, football can be so painfully predictable.

Woolwich are 3rd for a reason. Because two teams have been better than them over 26 games.

They are playing the best stuff & control the games the best. Can’t see them not winning it within the next few years if city get punished & with klopp going.
It’s not that I think they are great, Just the standard had dropped off a lot the last few years. Same in the CL, no real great sides in it. & as we saw in the WC with Argentina, not exactly an amazing team. Lost to Saudi Arabia & conceded 3 in the final.

Have every faith that Eddie will sort this out at halftime :cautious:

The biggest problem with us facing this Ars team is going to be set pieces, we're really gonna struggle defending their corners. I think we'll play through them though but Bissouma/Bentancur really need to be on their game.

Woolwich are playing miles better than City at the moment. They have the hunger. Oil slavers need to find that again.

Full time
If Woolwich had anything like the injuries normal clubs suffer they'd be 8 points off the race.

But they never seem to have bad luck. ****s

Ødegaard starts the press and he’s on it aggressively and quick. For a player who isn’t of aggressive nature it’s very impressive. I would love us to have that intensity. The difference from every other team in the league compared to the top 3 when it comes to the intensity and aggression of the press is massive. They 3 ****ers just don’t let teams settle.

Has there ever been a more unlikeable team than this Woolwich? Just nauseating.

The **** are brushing everyone aside.

Hideous.

They are looking like a very well coached side who control games with and without the ball better than Liverpool do. If Liverpool didn’t have the forwards they have, they’d be dangling off Arse and City’s arse I reckon.

Their energy levels are ridiculous tonight. They play the same team every week, no injuries to the important players very similar to Liverpool a few years ago when they started that special "recovery" drink...

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

It's crazy how delusion makes people incapable of basic fact checking before they say things. Our first choice right back (or left back) has played 46 minutes this season. Our first choice 6 has barely played. Jesus has missed half the season. Zinchenko has missed half the season. Tomi can't stay fit. Martinelli was out for a while. We lost Rice for the 2nd half against them which is the main reason they fluked a point. We've just weathered our injuries much better than they weathered theirs.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Always envisioned them getting raided and losing a few of their top players; I just dont see it know though. Always thought Saka would be the subject of aggressive Man City interest, but doesn't appear to be any noise. PSG like their Parisians - Saliba maybe? Saw Martinelli linked with Barcelona the other day which is unlikely as I doubt Barcelona would pay the Goon asking price. Whose taking Ødegaard of them?

One thing you could always count on, was Goons not being able to gain traction as they get raided. Fabregas, Nasri, RVP, Cole, Sanchez, Adebayor all strongarmed away from them at some stage.

We need to level up, because they are not going away anytime soon. Really think this fanbase deserves a big signing of around 80m plus. We should have the money form the Kane sale. We are owed it. Go big fo De Ligt and pair him with Micky. Romero becomes a depth option. Thats how you level up

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

This thread beats any Seinfeld episode for comedy value.

My favorite hot takes:

1. Rice isn't much better than James "Rosicky" Maddison or part-time footballer, full-time clown, Romero.

2. We'll have them beat on dead balls but, get this, they'll "play through us" :lol:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Jorginho looks an annoyingly shrewd signing at the moment, providing a good platform behind Rice and Ødegaard.

Very shrewd. In their pursuit of a 100M nominal defensive midfielder but putative crashtest dummy they recognized they'd need a bargain basement option to actually handle the tactical remit instead of just aimlessly pinballing themselves about the pitch like a youth player seeking top marks for effort.

The shrewd aspect was being smart enough to get him in before wasting the 100 large so as to limit media speculation on Rice's (who is apparently no longer at the base of MF...where he was at his 'best' a few weeks ago but instead on a a platform built by Jorginho) limitations.

There they were thinking they'd paid 100m for a 25m Bissouma, turns out they've paid a 100m for a 12m Pape Sarr.

Go Crazy Wtf GIF

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why do they care so much about us anyway when you think about it?

We are clearly better and bigger than them, so why waste your time on us.

When we have the better team, we win WAY more trophies...when they have the better team, we still win more trophies...just let it go lads!

We literally won the last two Championships that were won at White Hart Lane, with one of them (1971) happening after your manager at the time said "Arsenal won't the league here, it's not possible'...we then won the league there of course and with a last minute goal (the most Spursy thing possible) and then won it again at your sh1t hole 30 years later ffs 🤣

Just worry about Villa and United, your life will be WAY more stress free 👍

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If we're taking PEDs or 'roids, we should get a refund as Havertz is a stick insect man :lol:

Different compounds and administrations (and genetics) don't always lead to visible mass increase my friend. Some are used for cardiovascular advantages (the compound boxers regularly get popped for).

*Saying that, I don't think Arsenal are necessarily using PEDs. I've been suspicious of Liverpool and City for years though.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

0-1

lol 5 mins

Not watching it but the BBC report already says "It has been coming"! After just 5 mins??

Jesus wept. Just **** off Sheff Utd.

Why do the **** kicker clubs lose all their shape and defensive nous when **** turn up but defend like 1980's ac Milan when we play them

0-2
Off it goes.

Will be 6 or 7.

Like Wilder's gone for a back 4 - it was a back 10 when we played them ffs

What the **** are they doing in the PL :ange-facepalm::ange-facepalm::ange-facepalm:

12 mins and that's that. Utter useless ****s

0-3
3-0 after 14 minutes… just relegate them now

I think they're as bad as Derby 07/08

They are an embarrassment to top level football

They scored a 3rd before I was able to find the remote down the back of my pillow after scoring their 2nd.

**** sake

**** me it's 3!! Couldn't have paid me to watch one second of this match, bad enough getting the text updates.

Sheff Utd should be relegated right now. Utter, utter ****

Surely Sheff Utd could have appointed someone a bit more inspiring than Chris Wilder mid season

Why do they always choose these mismatches for Monday night football? Sky Sport is such a dogshit product.

Already at the stage of not sure what to hope for……

They keep going strong and hit double figures, but tire themselves out.

They take their foot off the gas and don’t win by a record number of goals, but don’t get tired.

**** sake.

I just checked the score. How ****ing stupid of me.

The Wilder famous for playing a Back 5?

Wtf was he thinking :roflmao:

0-4
Teams are now just rolling over for them.

****s sake

It's probably mainly down to the fact they are better than us - and even if that's not completely the case it certainly is that other teams believe **** are better.

Every side that plays **** at the moment is terrified and beaten before they get on the pitch. It might be up to us to break that spell.

Christ even Havertz is ending up a hit.

This is going to be a right pasting

It took us 98 minutes to score against this lot:mourweird:

We beat them 1-0 at home with a last minute goal.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

3 points are 3 points.

Can’t believe I’m watching a game hoping for injuries 🤣🤣🤣🤣

They seem to be getting all their hammerings at their home ground though. And when we played them they were still giving things a go.

I hate to say it, but **** are the best team in the league.

They could easily go unbeaten for the rest of the season.

**** are so jammy the only injuries will be to Sheffield players and maybe Ramsdale...

I think you'll find that we are the best team in the league

We'd be top if it wasn't for biased referees

Woolwich have now dominated their last 5 PL opponents almost laughably so. Like it wasn’t even a match between them and West Ham, Burnley, Sheffield or Newcastle.

I loathe them but they will very likely be winning the PL in the 2020s. They’re so good.

They are so ****ing sharp and slick. Every one of them

Too much Woolwich praise in here for my liking

0-5

The irony is it could have just as easily been us. We finished above them just 21 months ago!

0-6
I think teams are losing against Woolwich on purpose to spite us

Why did these ****s have to get Declan Rice? I was so happy when City were linked.

The intensity and physicality and sheer drive he’s given them has taken them from a very good side to that level where they just submit teams.

City are a lot easier to get at now & as you say, Chelsea should have been 3-0 up. The way Woolwich are playing I can see them having far too much for city. City will have to up their game a lot to keep up.

People are already accusing them of being on drugs.. because it must be cheating if a team plays with intensity and kill a side early.

Everyone knows **** teams are hard to play and you need to spend 70 minutes passing round their box before you score!

We’ll win 1-0 at Sheffield and you’ll say it s hard to break these teams down.

The league being a lot weaker the past 2 seasons makes levy holding us back even more frustrating. It really is wide open this season. United have lost 11 out of 27 & are 6th!

Gooners have the rapist on the bench?

Have they brought their rapist on yet?

Sheffield aren’t putting up much of a fight so he’s probably not interested

The Premier League is getting ****ter and ****ter every season. The quality of the bottom 10 (yes including Chelsea)so poor. I hope these FFP rules change things soon because it is becoming such a **** spectacle farmers league

they can beat as many ****e teams as they want 5 or 6 nil they still aren’t winning the league. So **** them.

Just a matter of time really. & timing is everything. Liverpool losing klopp & city probably heavily punished. Chelsea & United a mess. The future is bleak. They have a young team too.
Whilst we are stuck with our fans mindset of we should be grateful for a league cup every 25 years whilst supporting our chairman giving himself a pay rise.
Although I grew up with them winning titles so maybe after the first few we will just be used to it so it’s not that bad. It will be worse at the start as we have been spoilt with them not winning titles for about 15 years or whatever it is. So we aren’t used to it.
I am sure United fans can’t get as upset at citys success anymore. They must just expect it.
Also I hope city aren’t punished whilst Woolwich are good. I understand Sp**s fans wanting them punished but it’s the only barrier from Woolwich winning stuff. Woolwich winning or city getting away with cheating, easy choice for me!

The best we can do is keep moving forward & focus on ourselves & block out Woolwich. We have a good keeper & defence now. Need to upgrade midfield & upfront in the summer. Outside shot of rescuing kane 🙏. Should be getting top 4 most seasons now & win the odd domestic cup. Obviously want us to win titles etc but enic & levy will have to go out massively change.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom